Getting ready to celebrate St Patty’s Day with a tall, cold Guinness? This pastrami dip is the perfect snack to pair with your favorite beer!
- ¾ lb sliced Pastrami- corned beef’s peppery brother (can sub corned beef)
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Sauerkraut- squeezed of excess liquid
- 1.5 lbs shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 loaf cocktail pumpernickel or rye bread
- Open and place the bread slices on a cookie sheet, and brush with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in 350⁰F oven for 5-7 minutes or until crisp.
- While the bread is toasting, take the sliced pastrami and cut it into thin matchstick size pieces.
- Cut the cream cheese into smaller cubes and place in a mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients, holding back one ½ lb of the shredded Swiss cheese, and mix all together.
- Put mixture into a cast iron pan or oven proof dish, and bake at 350⁰F for 10 minutes.
- Carefully take the mixture out of the oven, stir to combine, and place back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Repeat the above step again. After stirring add the reserved Swiss cheese and bake until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve with the toasted bread slices.